Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Magic of JJs

...no I don't mean JJs the family style restaurant in St. Charles, MO that looks like a barn from the outside and has the meanest double cheeseburgers and crinkle fries west of the Mississippi...

I mean Jimmy John's, the sandwich shop that has revolutionized the way I feel toward the sub shop industry as a whole. They make their subs so fast I freaked...just like their wall signs promised.

Today I walked into JJs and ordered my usual. A #2 w/ cheese. When the words "number two with cheese" exit my mouth I see the sandwich girl get to work cutting up a loaf of Delicious Italian bread. The guy says "would you like chips and a drink?" I grab a bag of chips and say, "uh yeah, chips but no drink." Then he takes my card and asks if I want a receipt and and I say no. Then I walk around the counter, open up a white paper bag, stuff the chips and a few napkins in it and look up. A second sandwich girl is already holding out a wrapped and taped sandwich and repeats..."a number two with cheese?"

In the bag. Out the door. No more than 2 min flat.

As I walk out, a few employees call after me, "thanks!"

What an amazing place to get a sandwich. Fast, friendly, and ridiculously good.