Tuesday, June 23, 2009

4 People That Need To Join Twitter

If the following people were to join Twitter, maybe my daily time wasting activities would be complete. Maybe.

1. TWH
This guy used to blog and I always enjoyed reading it. Then he got onto Facebook, and *poof* his well written blog material was replaced by the simple status updates. Not cool. But then it got me thinking... If what he prefers is telling the world what he did in the garden that night rather than writing a cool article with pictures, then perhaps he should just join Twitter and let the blog be a thing of the past.
Chances of it actually happening?
I'd say about 10%. Mostly because the Twitter website is boring and pointless. The real users access everything on their phone and I don't see my dad doing that any time soon.

2. Lucas
Another case of used-to-have-a-really-interesting blog. Now he hardly writes and doesn't really make up for the lack of content in any kind of social networking. Lucas actually was the first person to get me started in social networking when he created my first MySpace page. He'd be a good candidate for Twitter because he always has witty comeback to crazy people that seem to swarm him like Pigpen.
Chances of it actually happening?
I think about 75%. I'm honestly unsure how it hasn't happened yet since Lucas is my most trendy friend (which made his reluctance to join Facebook a little surprising). I think the real reason he hasn't caught on is because he really liked the way you could customize MySpace and his blog. Customizing anything about your twitter page is a waste of time.

3. Bruce Willis
Mostly because he is practically my idol. He's sooooo cool. One time he was trapped in an office building with some terrorists AND his ex-wife. Then he threw Professor Snape off the roof. He is cool. Actually there are MANY Bruce Willis's'ees on Twitter. I highly doubt any are the real deal.
Chances of it actually happening?
Zero Percent. If you saw Die Hard 4 you know that ol' Brucey doesn't even know what LoJack is and he had to have the Apple Computer Nerd explain to him what a Fire Sale was. Sheesh what a dinosaur (but a freaking cool dinosaur that can kill you easily).

4. Ben Merold
I just want to see if his Tweets would come out with ear splitting whistles everytime you read over a word containing an 's.' That plus he always had the funniest comments about stuff when he wasn't being an official pastor. In all seriousness, Ben was always a joy to be around and whenever he talked you felt like he was saying something very profound. Daily thoughts from this dude would be a blessing.
Chances of it actually happening?
Also 0%. When I left Missouri Mega Church he still wasn't using email. So he's not really into technology as far as I know.